Midwest Nationals Fall Baseball Program
The Midwest Nationals will provide two opportunities in the Fall of 2012 for baseball players to develop their skills and gain exposure while playing against some of the best regional and national competition available.
Midwest Nationals Fall High School Teams
The Fall Teams are for highly competitive baseball players that would like to continue to play at the collegiate level. These programs offer top quality coaching and competitive games to promote skill development and allow regional and national exposure. The Fall Baseball Teams provide area college-bound baseball players with a highly intensified opportunity to continue their development and receive regional and national exposure.
Teams will travel and play at college venues across the Midwest ranging from Junior College, Division II, and Division I. Each team will in addition participate in at least one major exposure tournament. These will generally be in Arizona. Several of the teams will play in the Arizona Fall Classic in Phoenix. These national fall tournaments are the top exposure and evaluation baseball tournaments held each fall. Over fifty teams participate in the Arizona Senior Fall Invitational tournament and that is held at the spring training facilities of the San Diego Padres and the Seattle Mariners. In the past, over 150 college baseball programs are represented at each of these events as well as every Major League Baseball organization.
The number of teams per grade division is based on the number of participants signed up. The Midwest Baseball Academy will attempt to provide a place for each player interested and registered on time. The final decision of each teams roster will be the responsibility of the Nationals and will done to develop the best opportunity for competition and exposure for each group.
Each player is responsible for his own travel costs, in addition to the player’s fee. The player’s fee must be paid in advance by August 17th. The travel expenses will include at least one airfare. Hotel rooms can be reserved through the Midwest Nationals.
• The Senior Scout Team is designed for the graduating senior that has or is close to making his college choice or in preparation for professional baseball. This team is designed to develop players for their career in college or professional baseball. This team will travel to regional Junior College sites to play their team. This will include all of the pre-game preparation associated with a college baseball experience. In addition, the team will play in one national exposure event Phoenix, AZ. Fall Player Fees: $650
• The Senior Team is primarily for the graduating senior that desires to play college baseball and has not selected a school. In most cases, these athletes will be headed toward Junior College, NAIA, or Division II programs. This team will participate in tournament events against local and regional high school teams at junior or small college venues. This will provide exposure to colleges as well as a competitive challenge. This team will participate in the Arizona Fall Classic in Phoenix, AZ. This is one of the top fall events in the country. Fall Player Fees: $650
• The Junior Scout Team will travel to Division I sites to compete against local and regional competition of the same age. These events will be for high school juniors. This team will play at nearly all of the Division I colleges in the area. Plans are being finalized to play at Arkansas, Missouri, Oral Roberts, Kansas State, Missouri State, Texas Christian, Wichita State and others. This team will travel to Phoenix, AZ for the Arizona Fall Junior Classic. Fall Player Fees: $650
• The Sophomore Scout Team will participate in a 4 week instructional program and play in four regional tournaments. This team is for highly motivated sophomore athletes. This is a developmental and highly competitive schedule intended to prepare players for their high school and upcoming summer schedule. This team will travel to Phoenix for the Arizona Fall Sophomore Classic. Players on this team will be selected from Midwest Nationals Fall League sophomore players. Players in this age MUST sign-up for the Midwest Nationals Fall League and will be invited to participate on the Sophomore Scout Team. Fall Player Fees: $650 ($450 balance will be applied from Fall League)
• The Freshman Scout Team will participate in a 4 week instructional program and play in four regional tournaments. This team is for highly motivated freshman athletes. This is a developmental and highly competitive schedule intended to prepare players for their high school and upcoming summer schedule. This team will travel to Phoenix for the Arizona Fall Sophomore Classic. Players on this team will be selected from Midwest Nationals Fall League freshman players. Players in this age MUST sign-up for the Midwest Nationals Fall League and will be invited to participate on the Freshman Scout Team. Fall Player Fees: $650 ($450 balance will be applied from Fall League)
Midwest Nationals Fall League
• The Fall League is an eight week program of instruction, controlled practice games, and competitive tournaments for boys 8-16.
• The Fall League is for players interested in improving their individual skills, team skills, and all aspects of their game through instruction, game simulation and competitive tournaments.
• The Midwest Nationals philosophy of sound fundamentals, unselfishness, and enthusiastic play will be stressed each day of the Fall League program.
• The Midwest Nationals staff will provide all instruction and conduct all instruction sessions on Springfield area fields.
• The league will consist of four instructional workouts and four competitive tournaments. The instructional days will be a rotated on Saturdays and Sundays to attempt to minimize church conflicts. Tournaments will be scheduled for the entire weekend, including both Saturday and Sunday.
• Instructional workouts will have two fundamental sessions and two fundamental/game situation sessions.
• Players will be organized into an instructional pod of 36 players on a field. Those players will break down to 4 teams of 9 during instructional games. The 36 players will be broken down to 3 teams of 12 for tournament play.
• Each pod will have 3 coaches for the instruction and each will then coach a team in the tournament play.
• Tournaments will be in Wichita, Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, and Springfield. This will mean three travel tournament weekends.
• Schedule begins Saturday, September 8 and concludes Sunday, October 28.
• Players will need to provide all personal equipment including shoes, glove, catchers gear, bats, and workout attire including gray baseball pants, a Nationals uniform top and cap. All uniform items will be available for purchase at Play It Again Sports.
• Cost: $450.00 per player